-Neel

===

https://www.neelc.org/

On 2019-04-25 17:48, nusenu wrote:
torix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
I need to move to a new router, which, unlike the old Verizon home
router, doesn't have a quick DMZ host to which I attach the tor
telay's local ip address.  So I think I need to do port forwarding,
and for that what rules do I need? My torrc config has: ControlPort
9052 ORPort 8443 DirPort 8080

So I forwarded 8443 and just in case, 8080. But the number of my
connexions kept dropping, so I put it back in the DMZ and it started
getting new ones again.  Trying to figure out if I screwed up the
config gui, or if I need to add other ports.  Did I miss a port?

Forwarding the ORPort and DirPort (if you set one) is all you need
but home broadband uplinks frequently are not made for the amount of
concurrent sessions a tor relay usually has to handle.
So failures might still happen even if you setup the port-forwarding
part correctly.