Re: [tor-relays] Help the Tor Project by running a fast unpublished bridge

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 08:25:40AM +0200, tor-admin wrote:
> ON Saturday, August 11. 2012, 18:25:03 Roger Dingledine wrote:
> > The constraints are:
> > * 100mbit+ connectivity, though in practice I expect they will spend
> > most of their time doing far less than that.
> > * No more than 2 bridges per /24. If you're running fast (100mbit+)
> > exits (which is more important), exits on that /24 count toward this 2.
> > * No more than 7 bridges total per data center.
> >
> > If you could set up 1 (or 2, or 20) and send me the address(es) privately,
> > that would be grand.
>
> If I ask my ISP for additional IPs, how do I check these constraints, given
> that I don't know other bridges/exits running at my ISP/DC.

Given that you're an early volunteer, I think you can approximate the
constraints as if you are the only person running exits / bridges on those
netblocks. That is, don't conflict with your own exits, and everything
should be fine.

In the future, I guess the better answer will be "send me mail with
your planned netblocks, and I'll let you know if your plans are going
to produce any conflicts."

Thanks!
--Roger