[tor-relays] Current state of v0.2.3.x IPv6 bridges?

I'm wondering about the benefit of running abridge on an IPv6 address.

Since the big announcement last December that v0.2.3.9 supports IPv6 addresses for bridges, I've read a few comments to the affect that BridgDB doesn't understand IPv6 addresses.

So... what is the state of publishing IPv6 bridge addresses?  Will clients requesting a bridge address ever be given an IPv6 address?  Can a client specifically request an IPv6 address (or IPv4 address, for that matter)?

Thanks.