Re: [tor-relays] No disk space for new files created by Tor

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Roman Mamedov <rm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 14:43:59 +0300
Kostas Jakeliunas <kostas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Huh, curious why it fails to write stuff to disk.
>
> Does doing
> echo "something" > tempfile
> succeed?
>
> /var/log/tor is hogging diskspace indeed :) perhaps then do
> cd /var/log/tor
> sudo rm *.gz

Before deleting you should review the log files to find out what exactly is
happening to Tor, that made it produce so much logs. This shouldn't ever
happen during normal operation.

That's true. I assumed the juicy stuff would be in notices.log and notices.log.1, but yes, it would make a lot of sense to review the older logs as well. Perhaps Tor is not starting up nicely and is constantly spitting out error messages / warnings.Â