Re: [tor-relays] Planningon running bridge with bw limitation - config help

On 08/13/2013 02:02 AM, Kali Tor wrote:

Hi Steve,

  I am planning on running a bridge-relay but have a hard 1TB/month
  outgoing traffic limitation.

  Can someone help me with a torrc config that works for this setup?
[snip]

# networking
SocksPort 0
ORPort [aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd]:9001
ORPort [0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000]:9001

# policy
BridgeRelay 1
Exitpolicy reject *:*
ContactInfo Not Dental <bridge AT toofar dOt com>

# 96% of (input=500GB + output=500GB) monthly traffic
AccountingStart month 01 00:00
AccountingMax   480 GB

So I guess for me it will be 0.96*1000GB = 960GB?

Yes, though I just made up that 96% figure as being slightly less than 100%, That allows for some non-Tor traffic such as installing OS updates and having bots try to log into your server during the course of the month.

>> >3. CentOS/RHEL user here, so I can't advise you on the use of obsproxy.
> I am actually in double minds about using obsproxy. Is there a demand for it?

Yes, there is. Apparently the Chinese authorities have gotten so good at detecting Tor nodes that obsproxy3 is the only way to hide from their detect-and-block program.