Re: [tor-relays] Being flooded.........

On 13-08-27 12:52 PM, Allan Moon wrote:
> ....................by virusessince starting relay.  I run several anti
> viral and malware routines daily and ever since deciding to start
> relaying, they are all being stretched to their capacity.  Let me know
> when the sys is cleaned up.  Maybe include an anti viral with the relay
> setup and update it thru the software.  Make it so no one can connect to
> Tor unless they are certified clean.

You should not be scanning the traffic exiting your Tor relay, and
especially not altering it by removing "viruses" or anything else.
Doing so will get your node listed as a "bad exit".  Try adding an
exception to your firewall or anti-virus rules for the Tor.exe program's
traffic exiting (and returning via) your computer.

Likely your virus detectors are seeing the drive-by exploits on websites
and bogus search engines that surfers typically click on.  Your own
machine should not be affected by these things as it is just passing
them through to the requestor at the other end of the Tor network.

If you do not want to deal with viruses or other end-user content, you
can change your exit policy to
reject *:*
in other words, become a non-exit node.