[tor-relays] Hello List

Hi Everyone,

I've just gone through most of the steps outlined in https://blog.torproject.org/running-exit-node over the last week, though I couldn't get the SWIP setup I did manage to get the reverse DNS configured for me by my ISP. It's taken me a while to decide to run a Tor Exit Node and part of the reason for hesitation is that I wanted to research it well and do it right.

So, there's basically a few things:

First, I'd like to say that my ISP is TekSavvy (Ontario, Canada); they are absolutely great and have been immensely helpful throughout this whole process. I would highly highly recommend their VDSL service to anyone in Ontario, Canada who's looking for an ISP that does all it can to protect the privacy of it's subscribers. Not to mention that they do offer unlimited bandwidth plans.

Second, my Tor Exit Node is permanently located at tor-proxy-readme.onest8.ca (206.248.189.157). That's a static IP and I plan on running this service for as long as I possibly can. Pretty much the only reason I'd shut it down is if either A) TekSavvy changes their AUP and requests that I shut it down (highly unlikely) or B) I'm forced by legal means (again unlikely because I've followed the Tor guide and use the recommended Exit Policies).

Third, and probably the most relevant part of this email for the list… I want to help more. What services (other than Tor) can I host? What else is needed in the general community?

Thanks!

My best,
Kevin