Re: [tor-relays] ORSN DNS servers vs OpenNic

On 8/4/17 10:11, Chuck McAndrew wrote:
> What are the best DNS servers to use for Privacy? I have been using
> OpenNic Project servers which don't do logging, but recently found out
> about the Open Root Server Network (ORSN) and have been considering
> using them as well. Does anyone have any thoughts, positive or negative,
> about either of these? Are there better public DNS servers to use?
> Thanks
> Chuck

If I remember the following paper correctly, the best case scenario
would be for each exit to run its own DNS resolver. You should read it
and make sure I remember correctly ;)

https://freedom-to-tinker.com/2016/09/29/the-effect-of-dns-on-tors-anonymity/

https://nymity.ch/tor-dns/tor-dns.pdf

Matt