Re: [tor-relays] Congrats to Nullvoid

>> devcpu-data

> Luckily, the instances aren’t running on shared boxes, each user runs on
> their own XenServer HVM instance, so they have dedicated control of their
> own instance.

Seem to recall, as with most re Spectre Meltdown FPU Etc,
the Xen fixes require pairing of microcode and kernel support.
Didn't look at it much so DYOR as needed.

Regardless, unless local testing indicates otherwise,
running any CPU / hw without latest ucode firmware
could be foolhardy.

As is continuing to clamor for, publicly support, and buy,
anything that isn't...

#OpenFabs , #OpenHW , #OpenSW , #OpenDev , #OpenBiz

That's another topic elsewhere.

>>  url: "pkg+https://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest";

> Egads. I had no idea HTTPS wasn't the default for pkg.

To bootstrap with that you'll have to install ca_root_nss manually.
There's way to do that and other bits automagically over TLS,
but it takes much setup, isn't ideal, nor free of various trust.

Some opensource OS's still resist even the most basic
of things privacy / integrity / traceability / reproducible,
for no unsolvable reasons, for years.

Ditto topic.

At least people are starting to progress both topics now.