Re: [tor-relays] Sustained large spike in outbound traffic - what might be going on?

On 30 Dec 2015, at 08:19, Toralf FÃrster <toralf.foerster@xxxxxx> wrote:

Signed PGP part
On 12/29/2015 12:53 PM, Tim Wilson-Brown - teor wrote:

> I don't know of any other attack or request that amplifies outbound
> traffic via tor or otherwise, but there may be some.

I did experienced too a gap of incoming versus outgoing of about 30% and more few times in the past at an exit relay, having an advertised bandwidth of 8 MB/sec. That gap persists over a day or so and then vanished.

A day is the HSDir rotation period, perhaps there is a popular hidden service which serves 8-30MB/s worth of descriptors.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F