Re: [tor-relays] So long and thanks for all the abuse complaints

On 4 Dec 2017, at 22:18, Tom van der Woerdt <info@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi James,

Have you considered running a super restrictive exit policy? I had the
same trouble you have, with EFF's restrictive exit policy. So I wrote my
own, which also blocks port 80:

ExitPolicy accept *:443
ExitPolicy accept *:6667

A restricted exit policy is a good idea, but Exits must include port 80.
(If they don't, they will mainly be used as guard and middle relays.)

Blocking port 80 isn't safe for users: it doubles the number of exits that
they must use, which doubles their risk of a malicious exit.

So, when directory authorities update to 0.3.2, they will only vote Exit for
relays that allow both port 80 and 443.

Background: