Re: [tor-relays] Problem upgrading Tor to 0.2.9.9 on Raspbian (Debian Jessie)

Il 2017-02-03 08:28 Sean Greenslade ha scritto:
On January 31, 2017 12:17:00 AM PST, fr33d0m4all <fr33d0m4all@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
this is not really a Tor issue, but I'd like to know if there is
someone
else like me that is having problems upgrading his Tor installation to
the latest version on its Raspberry (running Raspbian based on Debian
Jessie):

Post this to a Rasbian list. It's a packaging issue, assuming you
haven't done anything odd with your packages or repos.

--Sean

Hi Sean,
the problem (if it is a problem) is within
http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/dists/jessie/main/binary-armhf/Packages.gz
that lists tor-geoipdb 0.2.9.9-1~d80.jessie+1 for armhf architecture (since it is a
multi-arch package) while it still lists tor 0.2.9.8-2~d80.jessie+1
So I don't think it is a Raspbian issue. Maybe it is not an issue at all, they've simply updated tor-geoipdb but have not completed testing tor for this architecture (it is available for amd64 arch for example), but I was used to get both packages almost immediately after the release in tor announce ML. Is it possible that they've forgot to build latest tor package for armhf architecture or is it simply a matter
of time?

Best regards,
  Fr33d0m4All