Re: [tor-relays] Running 2 relays with 0.4.0.2_alpha [err] descriptor at 0x8a0acdb0830 begins with unexpected string "".

>> ORPort []:9050

> This config line will probably cause a parse error.

> If this is meant to be an IPv6 ORPort, try:

> ORPort [::]:9050

Indeed, ORPort []:9050 is incorrect, even it's not the reason of the
error described in this message.

Sorry for the confusion I had removed the ipv6 address before sending the email. But it would be ORPort [ipv6_address]:9050

Back to the err message:
I see you use two Tor instances and properly set up two different
datadirectories for each, one in /var/lib/tor/data and one in
/var/lib/tor2/data -- so the possibility of two (Tor) processes running
in the same datadirectory shouldn't be of concern.

Please follow-up this bug, maybe downgrade your logs to at least info
level and monitor the processes running and using the Tor DataDirectory
paths.

I have been using nyx to monitor the relay process via "sudo -u tor nyx" I will stop using it for the time being and just monitor the files.

Already crashed twice so far? Which instance crashed the one running a
relay or the one hosting onion services?

The relay has crashed twice, the one hosting the onion service has been unaffected.