Re: computer has been stolen

On Saturday 22 January 2011 21:18:17 grarpamp wrote:
> > The laptop has been stolen. If any Tor relay with the same ID used by
> > cmeclax appears in Tor
>
> Sux you lost a BSD box :( Cool way to phone home though :)
> Hopefully it goes DHCP or WiFi before they figure out how to
> put windows on it.

It won't go wifi, it has the BWI chip and that's currently missing from the
kernel.

> Other than dynip, take a look in the descriptors archive on the
> Tor site now and then. Here's the last one I have for ya locally:
>
> router cmeclax 75.176.118.168 110 0 0
> published 2011-01-21 05:38:46
> opt fingerprint 04F0 EE7E 3FCB 6F19 D503 1498 AF3C 9D28 0237 62C4
> uptime 1557999

Hmm, that's no help, it's yesterday morning and the laptop was here this
morning. Does anyone have any more recent contact from the laptop? It might
help the police to ascertain when it was stolen, and I'm unable to figure it
out from my logs, since the only connection, besides Tor, was ssh, which
leaves no log entry on disconnection.

The relay being reachable depends on one port on the outside being forwarded
to another port on the laptop, which won't happen if the robber turns on the
laptop and tries to do something. Can you put out an APB to all Tor relays to
report any attempt by that fingerprint to connect?

I'll probably try installing Tor on my desktop and calling it "cmeclax0", or
maybe something with "sluni" in it.

cmeclax