Re: [tor-relays] consensus update request

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 03:35:16PM +0100, Sebastian Hahn wrote:
> >     Hmm.  Will this situation, then, result in a renewed effort to find
> > a few more people to run authorities?
>
> The problem is that in the current situation, it gets worse with more
> authorities, not better. Our voting mechanism needs an overhaul :/

Indeed.

The other problem is that we simply have too many clients out there.
And we've taught them all to be eager to keep updated, so they're harder
to partition. But it's really a volume thing at this point. We need a more
scalable way of keeping clients informed about network topology. In our
copious free time, while also doing everything else that needs doing. :/

Anyway, crisis averted, this time.

--Roger