Re: [tor-relays] This is what you get....compile problem OSX10.4

On 1/23/2012 9:36 PM, Geoff Down wrote:

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 09:20 PM, Justin Aplin wrote:
I'm kind of flying in the dark here (being unfamiliar with macports),
but I think a proper --with-openssl-dir= statement will help. Run
"openssl version -a", check the version number to make sure it's the new
version and not the packaged one, and put the output of the OPENSSLDIR
field in as an argument. So you'd end up with something like:

CFLAGS="-O -g -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -arch ppc" \
./configure --with-libevent-dir=/opt/local
--with-openssl-dir=/path/to/openssldir --disable-dependency-tracking
CC="gcc-4.0"

We won't bother with the sdk bits, since that will (by definition) use
the old libs, instead of the ones you're aiming for. I think what's
happening is the build/test process is using the new openssl binary with
the old libs, or missing out on the openssl libs completely.

So should LDFLAGS be set to a null string?
GD

To be honest, I hadn't thought about it. To be safe, I'd use "unset CFLAGS && unset LDFLAGS" to clear them, rather than explicitly defining them as empty when running ./configure

~Japlin