[tor-relays] Registration of a Tor node at the German Bundesnetzagentur

Hi,

this is a question more specific for the German jurisdiction. At the 29C3 in
Hamburg I attended a interesting talk about open WIFI (http://is.gd/9G8AVA
unfortunately in German) who was given by Reto Mantz
(http://www.offenenetze.de/).

He gave the advice to register open WIFIs which are operated by non-profits at
the German Bundesnetzagentur, because this is required under German law for
companies (http://is.gd/vcz2pZ). I am wondering if there are Tor nodes
operated by Germans who have been registered at the Bundesnetzagentur. From my
laymanâs understanding of the law this should at least be required for nodes
operated by German non-profits like CCC and Torservers. I am specially
interested in the case of a node which runs in a data center outside of
Germany but is operated by a German non-profit.

As I operate my nodes privately I am unsure if registration of my tor nodes is
required. I will check with my lawyer if a registration should be done and
could help to run the nodes more securely concerning law enforcement. Having
information from others would help to clarify this.

Thanks & regards,

torland