Re: [tor-relays] Mismatched fingerprints

18.01.2015, 19:02 Patrick Scharmer:
> Hi,

Hi,

> Iâve been running a bridge for over a year and noticed recently that
> the fingerprint shown in ARM (and that actually works when connecting
> to the bridge) differs from the fingerprint displayed for my bridge
> on both Atlas and Globe. Any thoughts on why this would happen and
> how to fix it? Iâm assuming the fingerprint published on Atlas &
> Globe is the same fingerprint that will be distributed by
> bridges.torproject, is that correct?

The fingerprint you see in Globe and Atlas is the SHA-1 hash of the
bridge fingerprint.

> Apologies if this is a common questionâ Iâve only recently joined the
> mailing list and couldnât find a way to search the archives other
> than browsing.

There used to be a document describing the sanitization process of
bridge data, but since the remake of metrics.torproject.org it is not
linked from there anymore, I don't know if it still exists.

Anyone one of the sanitizations is to not publish the bridges
fingerprint. Instead a SHA-1 hash of the fingerprint.

Karsten definitely knows much more about this.

> Regards,
>
> -Pat

Regards,
Sebastian