Re: [tor-relays] How can we trust the guards?

Just to play devils advocate here - when a single hacker can control tens of
thousands of devices in a botnet - just how easy would it be for a "state"
agency to control a few hundred tor nodes? We can always assume, possibly to our
own demise, that they utilize it to some degree themselves, and leave tor alone,
mostly.

However, if memory serves me correctly (debatable some days), a couple years
ago, didn't part of Anonymous work with some of the developers at Mozilla -
where when they hit certain Silk Road onion sites they were offered a
"necessary" pervert only TBB update that allowed their "true" IP to be found -
then doxxed each one and posted the list of child porn frequenters from that?
Based on a scenario such as that - who CAN we trust? Who is actually "in the
circle of trust" - and who ain't?

Gumby
"We're from the government, and we're here to help you!"