Re: [tor-relays] Options for Managing Relay Load (was: Re: Really strange)

Hi

This is new:

image.png
Blue: to tor relay
Green: from tor relay

My current rate config (lowered with recent on-slaughter) is
RelayBandwidthRate 760 KBytes -> 6,5Mbit
Yet, it is not respected.

I had to rate limit on firewall, as bandwidth configuration was flagrantly ignored.
Tx = leaving firewall to tor
Rx = leaving tor to firewall
image.png

What I don't quite understand, is why I got such a stream of inflow data but much less outgoing (not even maxing out pipe) and yet it's only a middle relay. I would expect that it should be symmetric, or upload higher with directory related traffic.

How can that be?
Thx

On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 at 09:15 teor <teor2345@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4 Jan 2018, at 18:14, tor <tor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> As a last resort, try setting:
>>
>> DisableOOSCheck 1
>

> Did you mean "DisableOOSCheck 0"?
>
> "DisableOOSCheck 1" seems to be the default already (for Debian/Ubuntu and as mentioned here https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en#DisableOOSCheck).

Yes, you're right!
It's DisableOOSCheck 0".
I was confused, because most options are off by default.