Re: [tor-relays] Combined relay and hidden service, good idea or not?

On 2018-01-09 13:33, yl wrote:

On 08.01.2018 11:21, Florentin Rochet wrote:

Yes, if the HS operator does not want to mask the HS location, then it
is all good. For that purpose, I agree that the warning message should
be changed.

So assuming I just want to run SSH on some port on an .onion on the
relay, what is the downside there? Just wondering if for that usecase,
SSH to login remotely on to the relay would still have any disadvantages
that I missed to consider.

Do you care if a random third party could determine the real internet IP address of your .onion? If this isn't a problem, then you can probably proceed safely.