Re: [tor-relays] 'help'

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 02:07:50 +0000
Mikegong <shallangong@xxxxxxxxxxx> allegedly wrote:

> some trouble like this:Your DNS provider gave an answer for
> "nykqypf34.net", which is not supposed to exist. Apparently they are
> hijacking DNS failures. Trying to correct for this. We've noticed 1
> possibly bad address so far.
>

> How to set? and give me the map example.
> thankyou.

Hi

In my experience this is caused by the ISP using opendns.com to resolve
queries. opendns is notorious for responding to queries which should
return NXDOMAIN with answers which point to its own servers.

If you can't find a better server on your ISP's network, then change
your resolver to point to something like the open public servers
4.2.2.1 or 4.2.2.6 or (if you must) the google servers at 8.8.8.8.

HTH

Mick
blog: baldric.net
fingerprint: E8D2 8882 F7AE DEB7 B2AA 9407 B9EA 82CC 1092 7423