[tor-relays] Source build, then update it

Hey,

1st time I'm trying to compile Tor from source, to have relay/bridge running, and if possible contributing to dev with the "experimental" channel by hunting some little things.

But!
I've successfully built and make it running with tutorials on the website, nice !
Sadly, I don't know what to do if there's a new commit on source side...?

As seen here : https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en
$ mkdir ~/debian-packages; cd ~/debian-packages
$ apt-get source tor
Do I have to delete everything inside the folder "debian-packages" previously downloaded, and download it again with new commit ?
Need to uninstall current Tor before install the new one with this command ?
dpkg -i tor_*.deb
Prefer asking before destroying or building a messy Tor package :s (and may be bugged by my hand!)

Many thx for your light ;)

ps:
currently running "Tor version 0.2.8.5-rc (git-2df04f8b77a0b8ce)"

--
Petrusko
PubKey EBE23AE5