Re: [tor-relays] Bridge Authority closure

Hi.

What are the requirements, apart from long-term stability, for this?

On 21 Jul 2016 12:18 pm, "Sebastian Hahn" <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2016, at 05:20, Me <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So what are we going to do when Green shuts down the Bridge Authority server next month? Will it have a serious effect, or will there be any apparent issues or slowdowns?

We'll have to act before that. We're currently looking for
a new operator for the bridge authority and a suitable hosting
location, which we will want to include in Tor releases asap.
For a while we will feed the data from the two concurrently
running bridge authorities to the bridge database for
distribution to users, then when Tonga (Lucky's auth) is shut
down the new one will have taken over. We will lose the data
about all bridges that aren't updated after the time Tonga is
shut off. This means fewer bridges for bridge db to give out and
potentially a drop in counted (not necessarily actual) bridge
users of Tor.

Cheers
Sebastian