Re: [tor-relays] Contact info obfscation

How do I reload  the relay without restarting it?

Thank you.

From: nusenu
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 2:07 AM
To: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tor-relays] Contact info obfscation

Keifer Bly:

> So I just changed my torrc file contactinfo to Keifer dot bly at

> gmail dot com

> Do I need to restart my relay for this to take effect?

restart is not required but you need to reload it

> Will doing this make it more difficult for spammers to reach my

> address?

yes, probably (for some spammers/harvesters)

but updating the contactinfo will not remove older contactinfo

strings since they are all archived and so spammers can still

see the former (non-obfuscated) version of that contactinfo string

> Will that make it more difficult for people who legitimately want to

> contact the relay operator who  aren’t spammers to contact me?

If they want to do it automatically: yes

if they do it manually: probably not

--

https://twitter.com/nusenu_

https://mastodon.social/@nusenu