Re: [tor-relays] Coordinated raids of Zwiebelfreunde at various locations in Germany

Let's not mince words, Bavaria has become a police state and I don't mean this as any kind of exaggeration, I've read the new law - a lot of people are (in my opinion, rightly) worried that it portends the end of the rule of law throughout Germany, not just Bavaria, as interior ministers and right-wing populists (those who take a tough stance - on civil rights and especially the rights of minorities, that is) are colluding to get similar laws passed in many of the other 15 states, too.

Now it appears that the far-right local ruling party (CSU) and their supporters inside the police force are openly using the new powers for political aims, namely in support of fascists (AfD). (In case anyone would like to challenge this categorization as fascist btw, I have made up my mind, the evidence is strong - just listen to Jens Maier, Bernd Höcke, or indeed Gauland himself and see for yourself if this squares with e.g. Umberto Eco's definition). I've had too many disturbing conversations with people defending them - now look what happens when the far right becomes the new center.

In related news, there was certainly no police brutality during the totally peaceful summit of the totally peaceful and constructive G20 leaders which was overshadowed by totally shocking and unexpected protests.

Good luck everyone. This is no longer the country I grew up in.

-
ıĸə