Re: [tor-relays] tor alpha users: if you are still running 0.3.3.5-rc..

>>> I had the problem on one of my relays because I was running "apt-get
>>> update && apt-get upgrade" which had the update part return an error
>>> because the tor-experimental-0.3.3.x source now returns a 404, so
>>> upgrade was not called
>>
>> so you are saying you where stuck at 0.3.3.5-rc because you didn't
>> have all the lines in sources.list?
>
> I had all the lines
> Because the repository no longer exists and apt-get update returns an
> error if any source is broken, my script stopped there and didn't try
> to update anything

ok so you didn't invoke
apt update
apt upgrade
manually and also not via unattended-upgrades, but with your own script
that does not perform the second step if the first didn't complete without errors.

understood.

maybe it would be a good idea to switch to unattended-upgrades?

thanks for the fast reply

--
https://twitter.com/nusenu_
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu