Re: [tor-relays] Strange Traffic behaviour

On 07/29/2018 12:45 AM, nusenu wrote:
> Roger Dingledine:
>> On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 07:59:08PM +0200, Tobias Sachs wrote:

<SNIP>

>>> Because internal traffic is not counted.
>>
>> Ah, yes, this is what you suggested. Maybe? That's a lot (a large
>> fraction) given that Hetzner doesn't have that large a fraction of
>> the Tor network these days.
>
> Hetzner hosts > 7% of the tor network capacity (#3 on the biggest ASes on the tor network).
>
> If I know the relays IP I could give you the probabilities of your relay
> relaying traffic to others in the same AS (since a relay will usually not
> be used with others in the same /16 netblock)

It'd be better for relays to avoid connecting within an AS, right?
Rather than just within /16. Or at least, if there were enough AS
diversity. Which I'm guessing there isn't. So that would limit the
number of possible circuits too much. Is that accurate?