Re: [tor-relays] Running relays at consortia networks [was: JANET/edu]

On Jun 7, 2014 3:27 PM, "grarpamp" <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Has anyone tried approaching these networks themselves
> to see about running relays there? Their bandwidth for sponsored
> things is often free. In the US you might try internet2.edu and all
> its various connecting regional networks.

I'm at a member institution for Internet2, and the buy-in process put us in a research VLAN "outside" the university network. I'd be very interested in hearing from people at other member institutions about coordinating management of risk such that our service is more supportable and robust.