Re: [tor-relays] More consensus weight problems

On 2015-06-19 17:59, Speak Freely wrote:
Yeah, I've given up. I won't be renewing most of my relays this month. :(

Matt
Speak Freely

Hi Matt,
Sorry that you have had so much trouble with your relays being underutilized. I am now working to fix/refactor Tor's Bandwidth Authority system as a full-time project, now recently (this month) funded by OTF (https://opentechfund.org). You can follow the state of the project at:

Admittedly it's been a while since I started looking into this issue - one of the things we'd hoped was that the BwAuth system could be replaced by PeerFlow, but unfortunately it is still an open research problem, and so the BwAuths are here to stay for now. My first priority is to attack the unmeasured relays problem.

Hopefully this gives you some confidence that these issues will be addressed. I hope that if you do decide to suspend your relays you will bring them back in the future. You can also find me on IRC as aagbsn.

--Aaron