Re: [tor-relays] Bridges on OpenWrt

My experience is that the packages available for OpenWRT have been quite outdated though your mileage may vary

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Mitar <mmitar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!

Is there some package for running Tor bridges on OpenWrt supported devices?

But as I understand Tor bridges consumes same amount of CPU power and
RAM as Tor itself so they are not really possible for low power
devices as WiFi routers where OpenWrt normally runes (with typically
around 16 MB RAM and 200 MHz CPU power).

But on the other hand, as we have in operation a lot of WiFi routers
around the country, many of them having their own public IP from very
diverse IP ranges, this would be quite useful for bridges.

So my question is if somebody has tried to do something like that?
Have some experience with it?

And also if maybe bridges support would be possible to extend so that
we could make (low overhead) tunnels from this WiFi routers to the
central server where there would be running a Tor node connected to
the Tor network, having enough CPU power and RAM to run everything. So
it would be great if the Tor clients would be able to connect to those
VPNed end points, but encryption itself would be done on the server.

Mitar