Re: [tor-relays] Bridges on OpenWrt

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Mitar <mmitar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Runa A. Sandvik <runa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You might want to read more about the Torouter:
>
> Interesting. And what about performance? Does this work? How much
> throughput can you get through it? Because by our experiments even
> OpenVPN is limited to around 2 Mbit/s even without any encryption
> (probably because of context switches between user and kernel space).
> Is there enough memory? How many connections can those routers handle?

Performance all depends on the hardware you are using. I had Tor
running as a client on an old Linksys router without any problems, and
I know others have been able to configure bridges on their routers. As
far as I know, we're doing ok for memory, but the bigger issue is disk
space (which can easily be solved with a USB stick). Can I ask which
project you are working on?

--
Runa A. Sandvik