Re: [tor-relays] Questions about exit enclaves

Hello krugar,

--- On Fri, 3/30/12, krugar <tor-admin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On 03/30/2012 04:18 PM, Jef Heri wrote:
> >
> > Hello list,
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Is it correct that a exit enclave will act as a
> > 'normal' exit node, as well as the exit enclave for its IP
> > address (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/800)?
> > If so, is it possible to block exit to any IP other than the
> > node's own IP via torrc file? If not, maybe I could only
> > allow exists to white-list IPs, such as Tor Project web site
> > IP, EFF IP, and etc?
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Thanks!

> you can set your exit policy to a
> whitelist on ip/port basis, but iirc
> not on a dns-name/port basis (which means you should
> enumerate all the
> IPs belonging to a load-balanced website if you want to
> allow exit
> access to it).
>
> cheers
> -k

Thank you for the information. I'm debating whether I should allow exits from my exit enclave to 'safe' sites, to help the Tor network, or simply run a full-tilt exit node, and bridge nodes, from elsewhere to help the Tor network. I think the latter...

Cheers.