Re: [tor-relays] Relay configuration for FreedomBox

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Lance Hathaway <qhltx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you're going to be running these as bridges, it seems to make sense
> to include obfsproxy support, probably with obfs3 and scramblesuit [0]
> enabled right off the bat.

Thanks for the information. Is it likely that obfs3 and scramblesuit
will be usable in the long-term? Or will they need to be deprecated at
some point like obfs2?

Also, if obfs3 or scramblesuit were deprecated, but some FreedomBoxes
continued to run those transports, what would be the result? Would the
worst case be that the bridge is no longer usable by some, as in [0]?

The reason that I'm asking is that FreedomBox is currently working
within Debian "testing" but our target is Debian "stable". Once our
packaged configuration is frozen for the next stable release, it will
be more difficult for us to push changes other than security fixes.

[0] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10314