Re: [tor-relays] Yourserver.se - Your TOR exit node generates too many complaints

Hello Vinicius,

Hetzner now also filed an abuse message to my relay running on a ViralVPS dediacted server. This time with detailed logfiles. The astonishing aspect is, that Hetzner seems to track every single connection done.
The Support opened a ticket and after some discussion about it: No TOR is allowed on the network (not even a middle relay) so I had to shut down the relay. The ToS agreement is alreay updated.

The exit relay accepted the following ports:
  • 53
  • 80
  • 8080
  • 443
  • 8332-8333
  • rest was rejected

The uptime was 9 Months and just one abuse message ever occured.
Quote from the support:

    "Hey, please don't run any Tor exit nodes. I don't want these being run on my network, sorry but the hassle is not worth it for me."

After I asked about the specific problemes I got:

    " Hi, it is simply because of activities which are done on Tor, I understand that is used for a lot of good things, but I don’t want any abusive activities at all associated with my network. I hope you understand. Dealing with abuse complaints is not fun and trying to get IP’s removed from blacklists is even less fun."

It's a pain in the ass because the speed and paths were really nice.

~Josef