Re: Nodes in the same ISP? - was: When placing nodes in a family is appropriate

On May 31, 2010, at 9:50 AM, Marco Predicatori wrote:
Along this line, I was wondering how to deal with tor nodes owned by
different persons but hosted by the same ISP. This gives the ISP the
power to correlate traffic betwen his hosted nodes. Does Tor make
any guess about the nodes being in the same IP range, or would it be
a good idea to try to agree with other owners to specify a family
together? As a matter of fact I happen to share the same ISP with
four other nodes, with which I have no relation.

Tor won't use nodes from the same /16 in one circuit. It doesn't make
other guesses wrt jurisdiction or AS transfer, though.

Sebastian