Re: [tor-relays] case law on for exit nodes

Hi Rejo,

On 22 May 2012 22:12, Rejo Zenger <rejo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Who knows about cases where the owner of Tor exit node was prosecuted or taken to court for information that was up- or downloaded using his/her Tor node? Basically, I'm looking for case law on running Tor exit-nodes.

From the Legal FAQ:

Has anyone ever been sued or prosecuted for running Tor?

No, we aren’t aware of anyone being sued or prosecuted in the United States for running a Tor relay. Further, we believe that running a Tor relay — including an exit relay that allows people to anonymously send and receive traffic — is lawful under U.S. law.