Re: [tor-relays] case law on for exit nodes

--- On Wed, 5/23/12, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It means that even if you are innocent, for each penal issue
> it happen to you, you have to stay in the justice loop for many
> years.

Not being charged is often worse than being charged.  Being charged and going to court can lead to closure or clearing of your name.  I believe many authorities understand this well.

I had a strange case where I received a legal letter in the US, about a personal incident (non tor related) where it was addressed to the "Unknown Perpetrator" or something of the sorts after an investigation led nowhere.  In the letter it was clear that our address would become "guilty" of a crime and therefore this would live on the records against us.  The letter also made it clear that if you were not the perpetrator you could not dispute it!!!  Talk about legal abuse, "if you disagree with this record, you must admit guilt"!  It is not fun what can be done through the pre-legal system,

-Martin