Re: [tor-relays] T-shirts and Confirming Relay Control

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 06:17:20PM -0400, JovianMallard wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Inspired by the options to confirm domain ownership with Google,
> Could you ask the relay operator to include a randomly generated (by
> you) token in their contact field? It may take a while to propagate and
> it requires action on the operator's part, but it's not difficult and I
> expect it provides the assurance you need.

Thanks for the suggestion! I did consider this and other similar
methods. The major disadvantage I see with this one is that there will
be a historical record of when the operator requested a t-shirt. Maybe
this doesn't matter, though. It's probably a better option than some
of the others.