Re: [tor-relays] [Fwd: Re: I'm Running A Tor Exit But Never Initiated It]

I am a tech, a good one, who also runs 2 relays from my shop. I have found in client PC's many hidden things - such as proxys running for malware delivery. They were totally unaware except for slow and losing disk space. (Finding Tor running is a bit too extreme) I've also had two clients that were "absolutely" sure that someone was out to get them - cyber-stalking in their eyes. I actually did all of the suggestions made prior - new drive, reset or new router, even walked the home and perimeter looking for connections. I was positive of my security (30 years doing this) but they were calm for less than 4 weeks then started again. Their spouses, to their credit, stayed quiet and just rolled their eyes. Could a malicious technician do this? Hell yeah - most of us could do it dozens of times and they'd never know. We have too much moral decency, but.... others don't. More than likely, it is a scenario as christian states .... too much overload somewhere.
   Or a troll, we hope not.

Me

On 05/30/2016 04:27 PM, Christian wrote:
Von: Christian Adam <hirnwurst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [tor-relays] I'm Running A Tor Exit But Never Initiated
It
Datum: Mon, 30 May 2016 22:14:51 +0200

Dear Percy,

I read all of your messages very carefully and, please, believe me, I
don't mean to be rude, but just want to provide you a little bit of
relief.

First of all, I have to share that I AM in fact a schizophrenic for 16
years now, but fully therapied to the extent I do a job as a system
administrator and get certified for being a data security officer this
week.
This won't reveal any competence on my side, but gives a clue about my
functional level which is, after all, related to sanity.

<< snip >>

Given my experience with newbie users, paranoia and system
administration, what you wrote seemed quite normal and you didn't
provide (as far as I remember) any unusual technical details.

Maybe what just happened was a lack of informed consent resulting in a
tasteless prank.

I don't want to do injustice to you, but since Edward Snowden, we're all
used to question every system crash and honestly, our times seem to be
hysterical and violence-saturated.

The rule is simple. When a user thinks he's infected, he's almost always
not.
If he's infected, he wouldn't notice.

Hugs, I hope you find peace again soon.

Please don't feel offended, I only told my story based on the facts you
gave.

And kind regards,

christian