Re: [tor-relays] WannaCry fallout FYI

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 09:54:55PM +0200, niftybunny wrote:
> >Known TOR exit nodes are listed within the Security Intelligence feed of ASA Firepower devices. Enabling this to be blacklisted will prevent outbound communications to TOR networks.
>
> Wait, what?

To help you be less surprised next time, the template to look for is:

"Additionally, organizations should strongly consider [buying our
fancy proprietary "threat intelligence" tools]. Enabling this to be
blacklisted will prevent [thing that we're trying to scare you about
without explaining, or even understanding ourselves]."

--Roger