Re: [tor-relays] Problem starting 0.3.0.7 on Ubuntu?

On 2017-05-22 04:07, teor wrote:

The permissions on /var/lib/tor/SERVICE_NAME/ are "rwx--S---" and it's owned by debian-tor, which worked for 0.2.9.10.

What user is your tor process running as?

The Ubuntu packages from d.t.o run Tor as "debian-tor". I would expect 0.3.0.7 to do the same, but it dies immediately, so I'm not sure.

There should be a log line with the user name in it.

Or you could use something like ps.

Otherwise, you will need to check the command line and both config
files for a User option.

None of the .service files contains a "User" option. (And systemd complains if you try to add one.)

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

Thanks,
Alexander