Re: [tor-relays] Question about circuit/path live time

Olaf Grimm:
> For my relays I looking for a torrc parameter to reduce the circuit
> live time from default of 10 minutes to about 5 minutes. Assuming
> torrc parameter:  MaxCircuitDirtiness NUM  (Default: 10 minutes)

That is a tor client setting.

> My intension: I dont' know is the point of time to switch the path
> between relays synchronized.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say, can you rephrase?

> I am assuming my Exit Relay was explicitly selected as
> an exit. To protect the relay operators, you might want to remove
> this function.

I don't think that is possible to enforce since an exit does not
identify the tor client.

> The police photographed some of the current connections displayed
> with ARM. A test with ARM showed an indication of a seemingly
> complete circuit from the guard to the exit. I see Source -> Target,
> Guard, Middle, Exit. I'm not sure, but I get a bad feeling.
>
> Please tell me that my interpretation of the displayed content in ARM
> is wrong.

You will certainly not see a full circuit path from a tor user on your
tor exit relay by opening up ARM on your exit relay (when acting as exit).

(Also relays themselves act as clients and establish circuits themselves.)

Thanks for planing to run exit relays again!

--
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu
https://twitter.com/nusenu_