Re: [tor-relays] New DNS related fields in the ContactInfo Sharing Specification

On 31 May 2018, at 04:29, nusenu <nusenu-lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

nusenu:
Due to this last sentence I'm not sure if you want to convey
availability (only xx% of resources are available to tor) or usage
(tor uses only xx% of the resources it has available)?

The latter - Tor uses only xx% of the resources it has available. It
might help by knowing where capacity is available for extra services
if and when required by the Tor Project. Just Saying.

since contactInfo is rather static/long term and the used resources can
change very quickly I don't think it is a good fit to put into the ContactInfo

but I added the RelayBandwidthRate setting consideration to the uplinkbw field.

RelayBandwidthRate is already included in relay descriptors as bandwidth-avg:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/dir-spec.txt#n424

Although strictly that field is:

bandwidth-avg = min(BandwidthRate, RelayBandwidthRate, MaxAdvertisedBandwidth)