Re: [tor-relays] Trouble Running Middle Relay On Google Cloud Debian VBS

--Keifer

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 2:28 PM Keifer Bly <keifer.bly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a specified port (65534). I just tried changing the ip adress to  35.232.92.24 , and the connection to that port is allowed by the firewall. I will check again over the next day and see if anything chages. It is strange the software says traffic is being received and says "
--May 18 01:20:06.000 [notice] Self-testing indicates your ORPort is reachable from the outside. Excellent.
May 18 01:20:08.000 [notice] Performing bandwidth self-test...done."

So according to the software the relay is reachable and sending and receiving traffic. Seems strange it appears unreachable to me. Wonder why that might be. Thanks.

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 1:42 PM Roman Mamedov <rm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 15 May 2019 22:26:25 -0700
Keifer Bly <keifer.bly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So I am starting a new middle relay using a VPS hosted on Google Cloud
> running Debian. though the relay is running, it is not appearing in the
> consensus after 10 hours. Here is the tor log, any thoughts on what is
> going on would be greatly appreciated thank you.

> May 15 18:23:53.000 [notice] Now checking whether ORPort
> 35.238.140.120:65534 is reachable... (this may take up to 20 minutes --
> look for log messages indicating success)
> May 15 18:23:54.000 [notice] Self-testing indicates your ORPort is
> reachable from the outside. Excellent.

FWIW this 35.238.140.120:65534 is not reachable right now from any of my
machines. Did you change the port or IP since then? Also, I never used a Google
VPS, but it appears you need to do extra steps to ensure you get a static
external IP:
https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/ip-addresses/reserve-static-external-ip-address
Did you do that?

--