Re: [tor-relays] Auto Upgrading Tor Using Unattended Ugrades

Is there a way that I can make sure that the auto update is happening? Thank you.
--Keifer

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 3:55 PM teor <teor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 28 May 2019, at 06:18, Keifer Bly <keifer.bly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I am now auto upgrading tor using the method at  https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide/DebianUbuntuUpdates

Upon testing, this is what I got.

 No packages found that can be upgraded unattended and no pending auto-removals

What I am attempting to do is automatically install new tor versions when they are released. Will this do that automatically? How can I keep this process running?

Step 4 of the instructions runs the process automatically every day.

You will also need to follow these instructions to get the latest tor version:

From my last email:

When I tried updating tor I got a message saying that was the
newest version.

It looks like you're on Debian or Ubuntu, please follow these instructions
to update:
https://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en