Re: [tor-relays] How to get client locale statistics without arm?

On Wednesday, 28. November 2012, 14:47:05 Damian Johnson wrote:

> Have you tried tweaking the query rate options in your armrc?

> https://gitweb.torproject.org/arm.git/blob/HEAD:/armrc.sample

No I have not yet tried this.

> > Switching to the connection panel lets arm often freeze. Is there

> > another way to get country statistics from a node? Maybe something build

> > in

> > Tor?

> You can query the locale for an address from tor via...

> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/blob/HEAD:/control-spec.txt#l671

> To simulate what arm does you could write a script that makes

> netstat/lsof/procstat queries, parse the results, then feed those

> addresses to the 'GETINFO ip-to-country/*' command. Actually, I could

> probably write a script for you that does this via stem

> (https://stem.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html)...

Doing netstat queries means that I get 80000+ ip addresses on my server. Each of these addresses I would have to check against the list of relays to sort out connections to other relays and only do GETINFO ip-to-country to the remaining IPs. This sounds complicated and error-prone. Can't the ORCONN event be used to get a notification if a client connects?

Thanks for your help

Torland