Re: [tor-relays] Windows Tor Server Guide

Does the mailing list accept images in emails? The process is rather simple but screenshots in a how-to is what makes it easy for not technical people.

I will be posting the process to this mailing list in a few.

On 2014-11-04 17:25, Nick Mathewson wrote:

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 4:18 AM, Rafael Rodriguez <rafaelr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello fellows, Where can we contribute (post a guide) to deploy Tor in Windows without the extras unneeded stuff? I was looking for a Tor Server installation guide on Windows to run Tor as a service. I did not wanted to install all the extra browser stuff but a plain "Tor server" service and secure it by giving the service its own limited account and write permissions just to the datadir. Since I couldn't find information online to help me out, I ended up using the latest Tor Browser package and removing everything except Tor itself and deployed it in two Windows servers as services. I would like to post somewhere in the Top project about the process for others to benefit from it.
I'd suggest that you start by posting your process to this mailing
list, so that other folks can add improvements for it.  (Though I hope
that expert packages in some form will return soon.)