Re: [tor-relays] Node Operators Web Of Trust

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Julien ROBIN <julien.robin28@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm interested but, we must agree on that, it probably shouldn't be used for adding privilege to people in this list.

It's up to the user to use or trust any assertions and/or the wot,
there is not force there. Though yes, I'd never blacklist nodes
in the directories just for nodes not being part of the wot.

> If one successfully got an invitation code, an evil attacker

The user is evaluating and doing the inviting as they see fit.

For example, I might be inclined to route my traffic only over
nodes run by those posting to this list, as opposed to also over
the thousands of nodes that are nothing to me but an IP address.

The closest analogy is subscribing to adblocker subscriptions.
If they subscribe to one that blocks torproject.org, that's their problem.