[tor-relays] FYI: ISP's and blocked Authorities

Hi,

It seems to be the case that a few ISP's are not up to date and still using old IP's to block Authorities. That means if you are able to connect to just 1 or 2 Authorities but not to all of them your ISP could be one of those candidates.

I saw this behaviour in one case just today. Connectivity with Gabelmoo and longclaw was possible but no other Authority was reachable. Gabelmoo recently changed the IP and longclaw is brand new afaik. That ISP is clearly using an old list of IPs to block Tor for their VPS systems.

What makes it even worse is that this system was going to be a Non-Exit relay :-(

I will ask the operator for more details and the good/bad ISP page will be updated accordingly. If you can reach some Authorities (not all) and you are not getting indexed and measured (also you can't find your system on the Atlas / Tor site), this could be the reason why.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Sincerely yours

Sebastian Urbach

Definition of TOR:
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated
power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and
100% reason to remember the name!